Thanksgiving was great. The hubby did most of the cooking for me. With me standing over his shoulder supervising of course! But everything turned out really yummy (not surprising he is a way better cook than me anyway). Our friend came over with her kids and her parents and siblings. I must say that I absolutely love having friends from different cultures. Her father brought a bunch of food he had cooked. I can't begin to remember the names but the food was great. They are of Philippino descent (not sure if that's proper but they are from the Philippines) and everything they brought was so good. We just finished it all up yesterday:) The hubby ate and ate the egg rolls lol. I couldn't get enough of the noodles (Pansit I think?) So yummy. The pork and rice was great too. I told my husband I need to get the recipes but I doubt seriously that I could even do it half the justice it deserves when I prepare it.
It did give me an idea for a school project too. I had K pull out the Atlas to see where the Philippines were and I thought here I have two very good friends from different cultures and I haven't done a project about either place! So we're going to research the Philippines and do a poster about their culture as well as one about Puerto Rico! I think it will be alot of fun.
Advent started on the 30th. We've started traditional hot cocoa and candy canes. The kids have been waiting for Advent just for the hot cocoa and candy canes! I'm still waiting for the hubby to get my Advent wreath out of the attic but we've been discussing even if we can't light the candle to do everything proper. I love this time of year so much. It's really a joyous time to prepare for Jesus' birth. I always feel so happy this time of year. I'm even managing to feel happy between the hormonal tears! :) LoL.
J has been adjusting to L really well. She loves her sister to pieces. I have noticed an increased in clinginess though. She has to always be on me or near me. I'll be nursing L and J will come up next to me just to sit and hold my hand. She always wants to be near me. But I don't mind. I like having my baby girls close:)
Okay enough for the update for now. I can only be away from L for so long before she starts missin' momma:) Or should I say momma starts missin' her!
No comments:
Post a Comment