Thursday, July 3, 2008

A child's logic

Z tells me the other day he knows why God wants you to have a lot of kids. He says that Jesus chose to be poor and being poor is good. The more kids you have the more poor you are so it's better to have a lot of kids. He tells me that the rich can forget about God because they don't feel like they need Him because they have so much stuff so they forget to pray and talk to God. It's better to have a lot of kids and be poor. He also tells me that he thinks tattoos are a sin. I told him I really don't know the Churches teaching on tattoos. He said well, if the body is the temple of the Holy Spirit and you aren't suppose to do anything to hurt it then you shouldn't get a tattoo or smoke because those things hurt your body. I tell you. I just love kids minds. They take everything and make it so simple and black and white. My goodness. How can you argue with that?

No comments: