I'm considering starting a Catholic co-op. The problem is that we are so rural and everyone is so spread out I just don't know if that is feasible. Top that with not even knowing where on earth to begin and it feels a little overwhelming. Okay more than a little bit overwhelming. There really aren't that many Catholics here for the most part. We do have a Christian co-op and I have a big problem with signing their statement of faith. It as does most every other Christian co-ops I've encountered has clear as day sola scriptura drawn out there. Which is so frustrating to me because they seem to deliberately set out to exclude Catholic Christians. The first Christians. I wish very much for my kids to have some good Catholic friends. I definately miss being in such a Catholic area like Cincinnati is. The kids obviously desire for us to join the Christian co-op just so they have other kids to interact with and I seriously thought about it. I'm swinging back and forth on it so much. It could be good for alot of reasons but at the same time I've just got such a desire for something Catholic. So what do I do? The one person I have been in contact with in the other co-op is really a sweet lady and unfortunately it appears that the newsletter they put out will soon come to an end because I'm not an official member which is making me feel even more pressured to decide.
So what to do? Start my own and hope for a good response or join the other? I figure my Church would probably be open to allowing us to use the hall for the classes and we could do it on Thursday that way we could have morning mass and then classes. Everything is just so spread out I'm not sure that there is anyone that is willing to drive. And again coupled with not exactly knowing where to begin it is a very frustrating prospect. I hear many people say that you don't need co-ops but we are so very rural that it would be nice if they had interaction with other children outside of soccer and the couple local kids around us.
No comments:
Post a Comment