I thought I'd post a link that is very informative for those who may be interested in the Third Order of the Discalced Secular Carmelites. The woman who moderates this website has graciously offered her email to link you with whichever providence you may belong to given the state you live in. It is how I found the group closest to me. If you aren't close to a group you may be able to inquire to the province with which you belong about how you might go about beginning formation regardless of that. I'm still new enough that I'm learning the ends and outs myself:)
http://www.secular-carmelite.org
Here is a link to the website for the Oklahoma Province which is the province that governs my area (Georgia).
http://www.carmelitesok.org/ocdsok/oklahoma_province.html
2 comments:
Hi Tabatha,
I'm new to the Catholic blog roll. Georgiann over at THE GARDEN GATE, I think you stopped by~
I wanted to tell you that my mom's sister is a Nun in the Carmellite order in Little Rock, Arkansa. She has been in the order since she was 16 (she is now 70) it is a cloister order.
Peace in Christ,
Georgiann mom of 6
Yes, the Carmelite Order is a cloistered order. What a blessing for your aunt to have such a full life of prayer! We have our meetings at our local Carmelite Monastary in their guest house. I quite enjoy attending mass at their little chapel once a month:) It's a beautiful order.
Post a Comment