I've been thinking alot these last few days about some specific bible teachings. Then I saw on the internet news where a church in Ohio put up on it's sign a message saying -I kissed a girl and I liked it and then I went to hell- My first instinct at that was to laugh. Not really because it's humorous but because of the truthfulness of it and the fact that, of course, our liberal media made a bigger story out of it than it deserved. I had never heard the song or seen the video. I watched about a minute of it today on a friend of mine's myspace page but honestly had no desire to see the whole thing because I felt the song was stupid and the video equally. Why do I want to see a bunch of half naked girls rolling all around and I don't agree with homosexuality so I'm not going to watch a video and listen to a song flaunting it. So I suppose I could be more objectionable and actually watch the whole thing and listen to the whole thing but personally I'd rather spend my time doing something else. Heck, picking my nose might be more enjoyable. Anyway, that whole situation falls into the stuff that has been bouncing around my mind as of late.
When people see me do they see someone different? The bible tells us to be in the world but not of the world. To let our light shine among the darkness. Do I do that? I don't think so. I know that I'm different from the world. I get so disqusted at the news, politics, and music. There is alot that disqusts me. But at the same time I don't think that someone would think me much different from the world. My attitude is one that I don't hesitate to fight if called to it. Not so much lets throw down but I don't keep my mouth shut near as often as I should and when I'm angry the words just flow. I'm constantly finding myself watching shows I probably shouldn't. Listening to music that I probably shouldn't. I'm just not much different. I would like to be but I certainly have a long way to go to make that happen. I look around at the world and think how much worse can it get? I mean I know it can but look at the clothes kids wear nowadays. I didn't dress modest as a teen by any means but geez, this stuff makes hookers look modest. Homosexuality is everywhere. The music is going downhill. I know you hear this from every adult in every generation but that is likely because every generation takes the lows to new lows. Soon the only thing that will be illegal in this world is Christianity. So, that brings me back. Do I let my light shine? No. Do I protect myself from near occasion of sin as I should? No, not as I should. Am I different from the world? Not enough that I would make a difference.
Mary, I pray that you help to guide me in being more like you. I pray I can be made more worthy of Jesus and His amazing grace and love. Help me to be in this world but not of this world. Amen.
No comments:
Post a Comment