I have a tendency to say that people are stupid. I say this alot. But I think it's not so much stupidity as just selfishness. I was reading a blog called FameBaby the other day. They blogged about how the Duggars are having baby #18 and it's a girl. No big deal right? Well, the comments that people wrote in about this family were unbelievably hateful. In case you don't know the Duggars are a Protestant Christian family who are now pregnant with their 18th child. They have had several specials on Discovery Health/TLC and recently now have a show called 17 and Counting. They are very conservative. The girls all wear dresses, they home-school, the kids only get like 7 hours of tv a week and that's moderated, and any computer time is also moderated. If you know me you know that I'm not a fan of any Protestant religion. I feel the Catholics have the fullness of faith and why on earth would you want to have only part of the truth? But that being said, theologically, the Duggars are getting this right. They are open to God's children and that's a beautiful thing. They don't practice birth control. But let me tell you. Those women who commented were hateful and a whole lot of them were pretty ignorant too. They called them stupid, morons, cultish, brainwashed, gosh so many things. It brought me to mind (and I'm going to paraphrase here) how Jesus said if they hated me they'll hate you. I personally don't know all that the Duggar's believe but obviously they are in line with Catholic Church teaching on not using birth control and because of this people vehemently attacked them.
I really started thinking how the devil must be patting himself on the back right now. He has to hate children so much. The bible tells us how much of a blessing they are and how it'd be better to be thrown into a river than to harm a child. The bible tells us to be like little children. Oh, how the devil must hate their innocence so much! And he has succeeded in blinding people to that wonderful gift that they are and now those of us who don't use birth control are crazy, stupid, and brainwashed. If only these people could see they were the one's being brainwashed! But now we have people believing so much in the lie of birth control and how much better off for using it they will be and if that fails lets just rip the children straight out of the supposed safety of their mother's wombs! Because a child has become more of a burden or a possession than a gift in our society.
People think that if you don't use birth control you're going to have 18 kids like the Duggars. I don't use birth control. I'm pregnant for the 8th time. I will only have 6 (God willing) kids here when this next one is born. My kids are spaced years apart. Not because of anything I have done. I'm not using birth control, or NFP, it just happens that is how my kids are spaced. I just really don't understand people's logic or lack there of sometimes.
Then we have the upcoming election. I don't usually take much stock in the polls and such because the liberal media does their best to get whomever they want in power and will twist the facts. Seriously, don't believe half of what you hear on the news anymore. It's hardly fair and balanced. That being said supposedly Obama is up like 10 pts. Even when we ignore those polls we can look around and see we now have a country full of people so out for themselves that they are willing to vote in a man of such low character just because they are hearing what they want to hear and not seeing the actual facts. It really makes me so sad. And angry. These same people who are so believing of their precious change are going to wake up one day having given away all their rights scratching their heads and asking what has happened? I will tell you what happened. You got your precious change but surprise you were naive enough to think that the change you were going to get was going to benefit you. When you support a man who will not even protect the very most vulnerable and weak of us do you really believe that he is going to look out for your best interest? But so many people seem to. And it boggles my mind.
It all breaks my heart. It all makes me sad. I worry for my kids and the world they will be raising their children in. I pray for them daily. God once destroyed two cities for their rampant and blatant sin. Our whole planet and especially our nation who once liked to claim it was founded on Christian principles has surpassed the immorality of those cities. My God have mercy on us all.
No comments:
Post a Comment