Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Pregnancy update

I went to the doctor today. After talking to Marianna last night I went with the intention of being sure that they checked me and did my GBS testing. I have felt off this whole pregnancy and thinking on it last night and again this morning I thought to myself I absolutely have to be dialating already because the pressure has just been insane. Anyway, when I went in they weren't going to do any testing today. I'm only going to be 35 weeks tomorrow. She said unless you're having a problem. I told her the pressure has been very unnerving. So she gave me a sheet and told me that he'd check me and we might as well do the GBS testing too just in case. I can't tell you how relieved that made me. I still felt the need to apologize because I hate being a bother and it always feels like you are even if you know you're right. That's crazy to me. So the doc comes in and does the exam and sure enough I'm 2 cm dialated. This is early for me. It's not unheard of for me to walk around 3 cm dialated and 50% effaced for a couple of weeks before I actually go into labor but it is awful early right now for me to be dialating. The good news is that her head hasn't dropped so she's still high up there.

The doctor tells me at this point he isn't going to do anything to try to aggressively stop labor should I go into it. I should just be aware and keep my feet up when I can. The thing is I've been on limited activity (put on by my husband) for quite awhile now and I've already dialated. So the doc may not want to put me on bedrest but I'm going to essentially put myself on bedrest. I'll bring my chair to the kids last soccer games tomorrow and just hand out candy while hubby takes the kids around for Halloween. My goal is to get to 37 weeks at least though I would prefer 38. So I told the kids what is going on and asked for extra help even though they have been doing so much for me already. They all agreed. Of course, they're good kids. I go in again next week and get my ultrasound. I guess it's looking like we're going to have another November baby girl. J is the only girl with a birthday not in November. Both boys get January and looks like 3 out of 4 girls will have November birthdays.

1 comment:

Mrs. L said...

Rest, Rest, Rest and let that little one cook just a bit longer!:)