Monday, August 24, 2009

Poetry Corner

I haven't been very consumed by Jesus lately. Mainly, I've just been consumed with myself and my own little problems and not trusting Him nearly enough. But I thought I'd share this poem anyhow because I really ought to be consumed only with Him and let everything else work itself out how He wants it to instead of trying to direct it all myself. Which makes me think I'll share the poem Lifes Direction next week:)

Consumed By You

Consumed by You
So I've been accused
Told to get my own life
But I simply refused
My life is Yours now
My heart in Your hands
My will is Yours
My way is Yours now not mans
Consumed by You
Every thought and every breath
Keep changing me through Your love
Until nothing of the old me is left
Consumed by You, Jesus
That's alright with me
Because where You are
Is where I want to be

Tabatha Klug
August 2001

No comments: