I was thinking how desensitized to things we have become. You hear people talking about how video games and movies desensitize our children and stuff but think about us as adults. I watched Paranormal Activity a few weeks back. (Spoiler Alert if you want to see it don't read further) My husband I were talking about how it wasn't anything to really be scared over as far as movies go. But I told him, "If you really think what the movie is about. Then it should scare the tar out of you." I have always had interest in the paranormal. From a very young age. I suppose my mother passed it on to me. So when I look at shows like Paranormal State and Ghost Hunters I look at them from the standpoint of interest and maybe disproving. One of the reasons I really love Ghost Hunters is that they don't think everything is paranormal. They try to disprove and only after disproving do they say okay maybe this is something. That being said the more religious I have become I tend to look at things from that perspective as well. One of the reasons I have an interest in Paranormal State. They don't hesitate to bring in a priest. Say St. Michaels prayer. I often wonder with those two shows though is if maybe Ghost Hunters is too scientific and maybe Paranormal State isn't scientific enough. It is probabably irrelevant. I'm sure it just depends more on the editing on what we see. Anyways, that all being said it takes alot to "scare" me. So we sat through the whole movie going. "Well, that was stupid on his part." Or neat technique." Whatever. But if you really really think about the movie it should scare you. The idea of a demon tormenting a girl from the time she's 8 into adulthood before finally possessing her and depending on the ending you watch causing her to kill her boyfriend and disappear or kill her boyfriend and then herself is something that should make you think twice.
I was also thinking how I personally have a problem with self discipline. I have realized recently that I need to be extra careful what I listen to or watch because I find myself sliding backwards instead of moving forward in my walk with Christ. The idea is to improve but I don't see improvement. If I stop with my spiritual reading and bible reading I slip farther away from God. You would think that He would always be on your mind and I suppose He is for the most part but I find it harder to put Him first when I don't completely submerge myself in Him. So I've started being more careful with what I listen to and watch and read. It probably seems super obvious to some but I keep finding myself back here at this revelation. Maybe one day I'll stick with it.
Also I normally read the Douey Rhiems version of the bible as it is the most accurate. That being said at times like recently when I'm slipping into a darker mood I find it hard to concentrate and follow all the old language because my mind isn't that sharp. So I find it tedious to look up things I don't understand I just want to read it already. So I pulled out the NAB version which is the version that we hear during the readings at mass. I get so annoyed though when the pronouns for God are not capitialized. I mean really? Is it that hard to show Him that small amount of respect and capitalized pronouns like you would His name?
I know I said I'd post pics of the boys party but I forgot the camera on our Outback adventure and I still haven't done them an official big deal birthday cake. So when I finally get my act together and do that I'll post some pics. The boys have been incredibly patient with me. They did have a great time at Outback though. Thank you Geraldine, Aaron, Christopher, Amber, and Geraldine's Momma:), for making it that much more special. All the kids were saying how great it was.
I suppose that is enough randomness for right now. Have a blessed day!
No comments:
Post a Comment