Tuesday, February 9, 2010
Returning to College
It seems that returning to college may be more stressful than I remember. I thought that I would go to the school that I attended in the past because I have credits there. Granted it's been like 10 years but I do have credits there. Apparently, I still have to get my high school transcripts resent because it's been too long and college credits from my college previous to this one. Then I have to go in person to do all the residency requirement stuff and make an appointment with an advisor. Not to mention that my credits with them may be too old to count any longer. The nursing advisor will have to make that determination for me. So I call my old high school in Ohio and go through the long and tiresome press this number for this department and stuff not knowing which number I really ought to be pressing only to get voicemail. I was so frustrated but then it occurred to me that it is very likely that they have a snow day today so no one is there! That goes to show you how long it's been since I've been in the north during the winter time. So the thinking that it'll be easier to just go back to this college because I have been there in the past is way off base. It would be the same hoop jumping to go to the college up the road. However, I guess seeing as we're looking like we might actually be moving closer to this one in the long run I'll continue to jump through those hoops and hopefully get everything figured out before classes start on March 15th. I would really like to be taking a class and getting my core requirements started by then. And I pray and hope and beg the good Lord above that the nursing advisor will allow me to keep my Chemistry and Algebra credits because I really really really do not want to have to retake those! Plus, the others like A&P just because I don't want to have to pay for them again!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment