Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Everyone is talking about the mandate that Obama is now pushing on the Catholic Church.  Like everyone else I'm outraged but I am not surprised. This administration has proven to be no friend to life or Christianity and anyone who even glanced at Obama's past could see that he would be the kind of president who would revel in power and who felt he knew better than anyone what we the people needed better than we the people.  But he was voted in and we are now having to tread through the bull and fight for what we can.  I am not surprised we are in this position.  But as I sit here reading this and that by various bishops all saying we will fight this I can't help but smile.  I have read article after article of this bishop disagreeing with that Church teaching or disagreeing with each other.  But what I read now is bishop after bishop saying, NO! Do we really need to be backed against the wall to stand together? Maybe that's the silver lining.  We will fight, we will prevail. We have God's promise to that. But maybe it's going to take some persecution to cleanse and remind us that we can't get comfortable. Everyday should be a day of reminding people that God comes first.  We are down here where satan roams. We can never get comfortable. We are the Church Militant. It's about time we come together and fight. So I'm going to speak out and I'm going to pray and I'm going to fight. Not just today, not just this battle, but every day. And I pray that I stay forever on my knees as a soldier of God's army until the day, God willing, I can kneel at the feet of my king and His beautiful mother and find true peace.

No comments: