Monday, February 13, 2012

Pray for Our Priests

Pray for our priests. They are constantly under attack.  I am so sad right now.  Our priest was accused awhile back of abuse. After almost 2 years of trial, court dates and being denied from performing any of his priestly duties he was finally cleared of all charges and his accuser was proven to be lying in court.  It was such a relief to see our wonderful priest returned to the altar!  Well, after mass yesterday he read us a letter where he informed us that he again will be facing this same battle this time with a different accuser who claimed the abuse occurred like 30 years ago.  What further hurts him is that the accuser is the son of dear friends of his.  I could barely stay in the pew for all the tears I could not stop from flowing.  My heart hurts for him.  He loves being a priest and once again faces investgation.  I do not know the motives behind the accuser and I know he needs our prayers as much as Father does but I am currently just so heartbroken for our priest and sad over humanity in general it's hard to think straight.  So please storm heaven with prayers for our priests.  They are hated by the devil and under major attack by the evil one.  Our good priests are fewer and farther between and they need to be held up in constant prayer!

4 comments:

Raising {& Teaching} Little Saints said...

Thanks for posting this. I have added him to our prayers on our 40 Days for Priests prayer page: https://www.facebook.com/40DaysforPriests/posts/334001463305225

Divina Joy said...

This is really sad. Throughout history, the Church is always being attacked. But we stand firm because we stand on the "rock" and our church is unshakable because we abide on the truth. I will pray for your priest.

God Bless.

Tabatha said...

Thank you! He needs all the prayers he can get. I really appreciate it I know he will, too.

Anonymous said...

When non-Catholic friends make snide remarks about Catholic priests, I toss back the fact that i have know 10 kind, good, and inspiring priests in my lifetime, including a man who was an architect in Barcelona and gave it up in his 40s to become a priest. He left money and success for something finer. Counterexamples quiet the stereotypes pretty effectively. I'll be praying for your priest and his flock.