When the darkness closes in
You are my only light
When the world feels without hope
You shine like a single star in the darkest night
When I feel lost and alone
I can still hear your call
No matter how many times I run
You are always there to catch me when I fall
You are the one who holds me through the hurt
You are the one who wipes away the tears
You are the one who comforts me
When I feel overwhelmed by my anxieties and fears
No matter how often I rail against you
Or how many awful things I do
You listen to my tearful begs of forgiveness
And pull me back to You
You lead me through the darkness
At the pace I need to go
Until the light fills me again
And I come to know what You know
I am Your child
Fallen, broken and struggling
But beautiful, special and loved
By You, my Father, my Redeemer, my King
Tabatha Klug
copyright 3-10-2012
No comments:
Post a Comment