Thursday, August 16, 2012

Ephesians 6

I have come to the conclusion that I am the kind that needs to be completely immersed in God. Now I know that this seems like a duh to a lot of folks but somehow no matter how many times I come to this conclusion I allow myself to backslide. And when I say I need to be completely immersed I mean totally. Everything from what I watch to what I read. Something that seems innocent enough leads to something else and something else and before I know it I'm back to feeling lost and wondering what on earth happened.

Why is it that we can get so passionate and drawn into the arguments about politics and religion but then fail to grow our own spiritual self? I find this happening to me all the time. Getting annoyed with those "stupid people" who don't see truth when in reality if I would just concentrate more on my own personal growth in the Lord, I'd likely be setting a better example and worrying less about the souls of those "stupid people" and more on my own. After all only God can convert a heart my job is to just pray and speak truth in love. It's humbling to realize that you are a stupid person sometimes.


Now don't get me wrong. I'm not backing down from a fight and will come out of my corner full on swinging if need be but I realize that the more I immerse myself in my Lord and my God the better prepared I'll be to let Him lead those battles and me just be the warrior. He knows the strategy and with more training I'll better wield those weapons that He speaks about in Ephesians 6:



[11] Put you on the armour of God, that you may be able to stand against the deceits of the devil. [12] For our wrestling is not against flesh and blood; but against principalities and power, against the rulers of the world of this darkness, against the spirits of wickedness in the high places. [13] Therefore take unto you the armour of God, that you may be able to resist in the evil day, and to stand in all things perfect. [14] Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of justice, [15] And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace: [16] In all things taking the shield of faith, wherewith you may be able to extinguish all the fiery darts of the most wicked one. [17] And take unto you the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit (which is the word of God). [18] By all prayer and supplication praying at all times in the spirit; and in the same watching with all instance and supplication for all the saints: [19] And for me, that speech may be given me, that I may open my mouth with confidence, to make known the mystery of the gospel. [20] For which I am an ambassador in a chain, so that therein I may be bold to speak according as I ought.



No comments: