Wednesday, November 7, 2012

I lost alot of sleep last night after watching the election results unfolding before me due to being troubled about the future.  I felt the strong desire to prep spiritually and physically.  Getting our stocks here up and getting to confession and mass.  I still feel that desire and will act on both but I don't feel quite so hopeless.  I admit I'm still quite sad and don't expect that to go away any time soon. Who have we become as a people when we look to the government to do for us instead of doing for ourselves.  Who have we become as a people when we re-elect a man who has so further ruined our economy and who supports the murder of the unborn and those born but unwanted by confused, troubled or selfish parents.  Who have we become as a people when as Catholics we re-elect a man who is attacking our Church and who continues to prove himself so anti-Christian?  We have sunk to some horribly low depths and we get what we deserve.  When Obama brings the pain we will have asked for it, begged and cheered for it.  But I'm not despairing.  I know that God can turn evil to good and a smaller Church made more pure by persecution that can truly show the light of the Son may be just what is needed to bring our country back up from the depths of the ruin of which it is surely falling.

When my oldest daughter comes to visit for her birthday we will consecrate the family to the Sacred Heart of Jesus.  We will budget and prepare for the worst financially.  We've been there once already.  Lost one home.  This time we won't be sucker punched.  We can see the hit coming and try to block it.  But no matter what happens I know that in the end all that matters is God, His truth, His Word, and how I live and breathe it. I've seen several people post the verse from Revelations 3:16 Thus because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will begin to vomit thee out of my mouth.  We have lived in a comfortable time where we've taken Gods blessings for granted.  The time for being part of this world but thinking we are going to get into the next by merely being nice people is over.  It's time to grow hot in love and strength of the Lord.  Strengthen yourself with the sacraments and prepare to fight.  We can't stay lukewarm and take our country back for God.

No comments: