Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Happy New Year

Happy New Year!  Every year I make pretty much the same resolutions and every year I fail in those resolutions.  I figure I could just say, "Forget it! No more resolutions for me!"  But I don't.  I try again.  This year is no different.  Only I added one more in there that should be a little easier for me to accomplish since it's about reading more and I love to read!  So what are my resolutions?

1.  To get organized, simplify my life, and make my little home my own personal sanctuary.
2.  To lose weight.
3.  To do more spiritual reading.

I know from experience that I can't dive into one and two as I will fail.  I have started with baby steps.  I'm tackling bins I have all around the house that I just throw things in to get them out of the way.  Each bin will get cleaned out and given a new improved purpose!  Like holding preps instead of useless papers. 

Step two will be the hardest.  I've struggled for years with my weight.  I have the added stress of working nights now stacking against me.  I tend to eat to stay awake especially since I no longer drink any soda pop save for an occasional Sprite.  Other than chocolate I have no caffeine anymore. That coupled with my eating my stress and anxiety away it's just so very difficult to lose this weight.  So what am I going to do?  Baby steps.  I'm going to dance more with the girls.  And try very hard to eat small amounts more frequently.  Hopefully, if I can lose a few pounds it'll help to keep me on track better than in previous years.  We shall see. 

Step three will be the easiest.  I love to read.  I'm currently reading Venerable Fulton Sheen's Calvary and the Mass.  I've started End of the Present World by Fr. Charles Arminjon.  I have Life of Christ by Venerable Fulton Sheen on standby.  Maybe the hardest part will be finishing one book before starting another one!  I also have Humane Vitae to read, as well!  So this will be my favorite and easiest new years resolution! 

God Bless!

No comments: