I've been reading where lots of people are clinging to hope after the devasting victory of Obama. I would love to do that as well. I've personally resigned to pray and told the kids that's really all we can do at this point is stand at Jesus' and Mary's feet begging for some mercy despite this countries absolute ignorance. But the one thing that really rings truest since all of this transpired is that democracy has failed. The way I see it the government is controlling everything. The American people are a bunch of sheep. They are taught in government controlled public schools to believe everything the government tells them and that is further perpetrated in secular colleges. By the time people get to the voting booths they've been so indoctrinated with the propaganda the government wants them to believe that they aren't thinking for themselves. Oh sure the government likes to hold that little crumb out there that they are but when you hear the same ignorance spouting from so many's mouth how on earth can you tell me that they are thinking for themselves? They aren't.
And then there is the group of people that are going to vote for those they feel are going to help them out even if in reality they aren't. They'll just believe what that one candidate tells them so that they can feel better about doing their civic duty and thinking they're finally going to get what they deserve. The sad thing is they usually do and those innocent of us usually end up suffering right along with them. Their wake up call will come just a little too late.
So those of you who say, "Change is a wonderful thing accept it." Can keep your change. You can choke on your change for all I care. I will fight with my last dying breath to prevent my children from ever turning into more blind sheep like so many in this nation have become. Those of us who love our God and our rights will have an uphill battle to fight but it's a battle we will fight. When there was a period of prolonged silence in the car yesterday I asked my husband what he was thinking. He responded, "I'm just wondering how bad things are going to get now." I told him, "You have only to look to history to find your answer."
2 comments:
i just stopped by while blog hopping on Catholic Mothers.
*I'm with ya on the O thing.
*congrats on baby #6!
*the main reason I had to comment is b/c I read about your dd and camo thing. My 12yo dd is the same way!! If it's camo she's lovin' it and wearin' it! For instance, last year... she was a *hunter* for Halloween! LOL
Oh! And my sister just entered a carmelite convent this sept [that's why i stopped by your blog in the first place :O)]
Post a Comment