Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Cleaning the pool

We have been trying quite unsuccessfully all summer to get our pool clean. We've added every chemical we could think of and nothing was working. Finally I told my husband to drain the thing and we'll start over. So after draining it we realized why we couldn't get it clean. Seems our 6 year old had taken to throwing things into the pool. One such thing was a metal piece to the swing set that was just sitting in there rusting all winter. So after a very stern lecture and maybe a couple threats that involved losing all those favorite toys and any tv time he's thus been warned never ever to throw anything into the pool again:) So hubby and oldest son drained and scrubbed the pool and when we were down to a couple inches the other kids helped by bailing out and helping direct the water to the drain. After we (by we I mean everyone except me and L who got to watch) got all the water out of the pool the kids had a good ole time playing in the pool like a slip and slide as it started to fill back up. It was so fun to watch! I, of course, made everyone stop and take a picture. I think it perfectly captures how silly they were all being!





Blessings to all!

Tabatha

1 comment:

Linda said...

Happy Feast Day!

Many blessings to you and your family. I have been having the same problem with my pool. So much rain. I found it was the filter needed cleaning more often. It was getting so expensive buying new filters so I decided to just keep rinsing off the old one and it is beautiful and blue now.

Blessings,
In Carmel,
Linda