
I'm going to make an effort to join in on Pondering Pages sponsored by Lara at http://madredetresbebs.blogspot.com/ Forgive the link I still haven't figured out how to actually title the links yet! But check out her page it's called Holy Mothering. The book I've chosen to ponder today is I Believe in Love by Father Jean C. J. d'Elbee-it's a personal retreat based on the teaching of St. Therese of Lisieux.
Here is an excerpt from the first Conference-Titled Love for Love. Next week I'll do the same for the next conference. Just a small excerpt that spoke to me and for you to think about as well.
"Filioli, my little children, abide in my love." In thus asking you for your heart, Jesus gives you life. Love is life; it is the sun, the light, a divine warmth over our whole life. Without this love, you live a shallow life; you vegetate. Externally you do your spiritual exercises, fulfill the duties of your state in life, but if your heart is not there, life is not there. Without love, everything is painful, everything is tiring, everything is burdensome. The Cross, taken up hesitantly , is crushing; taken smilingly, by free will, and with love, it will carry you much more than you carry it. Love makes time eternal by giving a divine value to everything.
3 comments:
To title a link: When composing a post, write your title that you want. Highlight it then in the tool bar click on tool that looks like the world with the infintie sign.
This will cause a pop-up to show up, in the pop-up enter in the link! This will make your words (title clickable).
NOTE: the pop up already has the words: http:// so if you are doing a copy and past link, be sure only have these words once! (especially if copying and pasting the URL)
I hope that helps!
Thank you! I've been racking my brain trying to figure out how ya'll do that!! lol So easy but I never would have figured that out on my own:) Thank you!
You're welcome!
Post a Comment