
I have enjoyed going through my old poetry so I thought that it'd be nice to do a poetry corner on Mondays. I'm going to post poetry that I've written or maybe time from time just a poem that I really have enjoyed. I have loved poetry since 7th grade in Mrs. Dupont's class:) Thank you for opening that wonderful gift up to me Mrs. Dupont. I've been writing it ever since. So if you feel inspired feel free to join me with your own poetry corner.
Today's poem is...
Forgiveness
Mark 11:25-26
I stand before You, Lord
Asking forgiveness again
For yet another injury to You
For yet another sin
I can't imagine, Lord
How my life would be
If everytime I hurt You
You wouldn't forgive me
Your heart must hurt so, Lord
In the worst of ways
For all the sins we commit
Every single day
Yet You still do it
You forgive all we do
Even though we don't deserve it
Even though it hurts You
So I, too, will forgive Lord
No matter what has been done to me
Because You forgive me, Lord
Even though I'm the least worthy
Tabatha Klug
April 2004
No comments:
Post a Comment