Monday, October 19, 2009

My thought of the day

I just read The Mother of the Little Flower by Celine Martin last night. I realized while reading if my kids become saints it will be in spite of me, not because of me. That makes me sad to think of. There was a nice quote in there that I loved a lot though. It rings very true.

"I want to become a saint; it will not be easy at all. I have a lot of wood to chop and it is as hard as stone. I should have started sooner, while it was not so difficult; but, in any case, 'better late than never'."

And as much as I want to become a saint I want my children to be saints as well. I hope that I can begin chopping more fervently that I may help them all the better to achieve that final end.

Blessings,
Tabatha

No comments: